In this fast-paced webinar, we will address 1031 tax-deferred exchange issues in the Commercial Market including:
- Partnerships and 1031 Exchanges: Handling LLC/Partnership Sales when some partners want to sell for cash and others want to exchange.
- Related Party Exchange Issues: Four (4) different scenarios for handling transactions involving related parties.
- Exchange Entities: Same “tax owner” requirement.
- Using reverse exchanges to acquire off-market CRE deals in 2023.
- Build-to-Suit exchanges including Leasehold Improvement Exchange structures.
- Requirements for full deferral and partial commercial exchanges
- Delayed exchange time deadlines and how to properly identify replacement property.
- Creative qualifying “like-kind” property including: Air rights (transferable development rights), easements (cell towers), oil/gas/mineral rights, Tenant-in-Common/Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) fractional ownership.
Don’t Miss Out: You May Qualify for a Disaster Extension
Click the link below to determine if you may qualify for an extension.
Additional information here:
1031 Exchange Webinars
Monday, August 28th
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM CT
CPE Credit Available
This one-hour intermediate/advanced webinar provides a concise and thorough overview of 1031 exchanges for accountants, CPAs, and tax advisors. This webinar covers critical time deadlines, like-kind requirements, fractional ownership, oil/gas/mineral rights, related party transactions, partnership/LLC scenarios, reverse and improvement exchanges, and how to avoid common pitfalls.
Friday, September 8th
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM CT
This two-hour course for commercial brokers provides a concise and thorough overview of IRC Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges. This webinar tackles advanced issues such as partnership/LLC scenarios, creative property variations such as perpetual cellular easements (cell towers), fractional ownership, transferable development rights, reverse and improvement exchanges, how to avoid common pitfalls and related-party transactions.
Ken McElroy Podcast: Talking Tax Tactics
Enjoy this brief clip from Ken’s Happy Hour with API’s Scott Saunders. Ken and Scott take a deep dive into 1031 exchanges and how to use it to your advantage if you’re a real estate investor.
Record High Home Prices Mean You May Have Cash Hidden In Your Home
Home prices are on a tear again across much of the nation after falling for much of last year. That means giving back to homeowners the equity they lost.
We Love Our Happy Customers
Great experience! We knew nothing about the 1031 process,
and API guided us each step of the way. They were also very responsive and took the time to explain everything!
– Mike B., Texas
Join us on LinkedIn
Follow API on LinkedIn for lots of exciting 1031-related updates and news.